Saturday, October 20, 2018

...Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

I'm a kind person with good intentions. I'll do anything for anyone in need. Anyone who really knows me, knows that. I may act tough sometimes and pretend that things don't get to me, but I'm human and I have the whole gamut of human emotions: good, bad and ugly. And right now, I'm hurt and angry.

I was reminded this morning why I don't trust people -- reminded that not everyone has good intentions. In fact, some folks can have very manipulative, dick-headed intentions. I reacted accordingly and cut about 100 people off my friends list - not because they're bad people (they're probably not), but because I don't know them as well as I should for them to be on my friends list. I wanted to be diplomatic and for some stupid reason, I let my guard down. I won't make that mistake again. If you're seeing this, it's because I trust you. And, of all the gifts I can give you, my trust is the most valuable.

I was very clear a few months ago that I'm as real as it gets. I don't pretend, I don't "fake" anything to fit in, and I will not hide parts of my self to make others more comfortable. That's not my responsibility. My responsibility is to take care of myself, my husband, and my family, which I have done successfully for 44 years. I love my job and I'm good at it. I'm a consummate professional at work, and I respect everyone who comes into my building and with whom I interact in my line of work. Anyone I've worked with can attest to this. I am always mindful of the varying religions of those who come through our doors, and to imply otherwise is insulting. I don't have to be Christian to respect your faith - respect is the cornerstone of the moral compass, and one I take very seriously. That being said, do not mistake my professionalism for weakness, and don't fuck with my livelihood.

I'm a smart, competent woman, and I won't back down; I wasn't raised that way. I come from a long bloodline of strong women, and I have spent my life surrounding myself with them. This isn't 1692, and I refuse to burn.

@Victoria Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment