Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's all in your head

Can someone tell me the difference between this woman:



and this woman?

 


I'll give you a hint: it's not something you can see.

Yes, I've lost weight in the bottom picture. I'm also wearing a bit more make-up. But those aren't the difference either.

Give up?

The woman in the bottom picture feels sexy. The dress obviously helps, so do the killer high heels she's got on (that you can't see), but it's more than just that. It's all about how those things made me feel. When I bought the dress, I gave myself a 50% chance of actually fitting into it, much less wearing it in public. But the more I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized the dress really was amazing. And I felt amazing in it.

I want to lose some more weight and I'd love it if I had longer legs and perkier breasts, but even I was a perfect size 6 with a 35" inseam and 22 year old breasts, if I don't feel sexy, then I'm still no more so than I am now. It's all in my head - always has been. So instead of dogging on myself and having a melt down in every dressing room I go into because I'm not a supermodel, I'm going to embrace my curves and know that how attractive I feel is a choice.

And I choose sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment