Thursday, February 21, 2013

California, here I come

...right back where I started fr....well, okay, I didn't start from there, but I'm sure gonna enjoy the visit!

It's travel season! Right around this time of year, the bestie and I get restless as the cold air and wanderlust settles into our bones. This is the first year in several that we haven't headed to New York City, but let's face it, it's too damn cold in New York right now. We need sunshine and 70° temps to bring us out of this hibernation.

Iowa's giving us a proper send off, too. We're about an hour away from getting hit with a pretty big snowstorm. I don't care if I have to shovel the runway myself while AM sprays the plane with de-icer, we WILL take off tomorrow afternoon!

We haven't got any set plans yet, which is how we roll. We'll meet up with friends, take in the sights and probably hit the Grove, but with the Oscars going on (a complete coincidence, btw), we'll avoid Hollywood Boulevard, if we can. We're all for coincidental celebrity sightings, but I don't do "tourist" and avoid those who do, so the traps that attract them aren't on our agenda.

This is the first time I've actually felt like going anywhere since my hysterectomy last year. Yes, I cruised in June, but the majority of the trip is a fog. It'll be nice to actually remember this vacation. Don't worry, kids...we'll TwitPic, Telly and document our trip along the way so you won't miss out on the fun. Rumor has it, some friends might join us, too. Been a while since we've seen 'em, so we're looking forward to it. 

Enjoy the snow, Iowa....we out!

No comments:

Post a Comment