Monday, July 30, 2012

Licking my wounds

I'm currently transferring retrieved files from my old HD onto the new computer. It's been an exercise in patience, that's for sure. While there's really no good time for a computer to crash, there certainly could've been a worse time. I'll lick my wounds and bounce back like I have before.

I, as far as I can tell, didn't lose anything on the old hard drive, not even my bookmarks. I'm sure iTunes is a nightmare with the 15G of music I have, but I'll worry about that later. It's all there and that's what matters. The only exception is that I don't have a copy of Microsoft Office anymore. Hubs' company allows ONE license for home use and even if that computer dies the day after it's installed, they will not allow you a second license. It's bullshit and we're fighting it (or rather, the IT person is battling it out with Microsoft), but for now, I'm stuck with one of those free Office programs to write.

I originally called my son to see if he could help me with my computer issues, but as it turns out, his dad did the majority of the work. I have plenty of opinions about my ex, but the truth is, he's a good man when he wants to be. I'm thankful that he doesn't let me down when I need him. We have our moments, don't get me wrong, but there haven't been too many times when I've said "Can you please help me?" that he's said, "no."

It's been an anxiety-filled couple of days, but I keep truckin'. It's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment