Most of you know how much of a Pinterest junkie I am and have probably seen my bucket list board. It contains things I've already accomplished as well as the things still left to be done before I die. I realized the other day, as I thought over the last two months and the shit my crazy life has slung me lately, that these things on my bucket list aren't going to do themselves.
I may live another 40 years or I may die tomorrow. I don't have any way of knowing when my time is coming, so the only thing I'm accomplishing by procrastinating my bucket list is...well, procrastinating my bucket list. And there's some fun stuff on there!
So here's the thing. Each month, for the rest of the year, I'm going to do something on my list.
Let's see how many I accomplish!
211. Visit Boston. We flew into Boston on March 29th and stayed til April 2nd.
214. Visit NKOTB's childhood homes. Becky took us on a brief tour in Dorchester on 3/30/12
244. Hug a stranger (in Boston). 3/30/12 Random guy on Commonwealth Ave who gladly hugged me.
1. Get tickets to the Ellen show April 10
31. Go to a Celtics game. 4/1/12 vs. Miami Heat. Celtics won 91 to 72.
84. Visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame. April 11
97. Make my best friend's dream come true. Ann Marie wanted to be Jordan's "Rockstar" in Boston. So, using my cell phone as a makeshift strobe/spotlight, I got Victor & Charlie's attention and they pulled her up on stage for Rockstar.
104. Be kissed unexpectedly. 4/9/12 Somebody who I never even pictured having the time to read my blogs (especially the one with my long-ass bucket list) DID read my blog and planted a kiss on me that blew my mind. Nothing pornographic, mind you -- just completely unexpected. It was the perfect surprise kiss.
229. Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway. April 8, 2012 with Ann Marie and Rissa.
233. Visit L.A. April 8 to see Sherri on Dancing with the Stars (and SO much more!)
(I was a little busy in May with my surgery)
40. Tell them they saved my life. June 7, 2012 He didn't believe me. There will have to be further explanation. UPDATE: There was further explanation. He gets it now.
261. Ride in a glass-bottom boat. June 8, 2012 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
(I was busy trying to beat depression.)
3. Try yoga. November 8, 2012
92. Make a perfect Thanksgiving Turkey. December 2012 - Okay, so technically, it wasn't Thanksgiving, but the bird was pretty incredible!