Monday, February 28, 2011

My Oscar Speech

Since I was snubbed this year for the Actress in a Leading Role for my portrayal as a housewife-turned-author (Damn you, Natalie Portman!), I decided that I shouldn't let my speech go to waste. So I'm sharing it here with you. I hope you'll forgive me for not wearing a Valentino gown to deliver it.

To my husband - you are the keystone in my support system. Who believes in me more than you do? Thank you for your unconditional love and support.

To my daughter - you remind me that its okay to be different. You own your identity and you encourage me to own mine by the example you set. You're the best!

To my son - you are my muse. You make me laugh and give me material (to use against you). My sense of humor is never lost on you and you always egg me on by sharing yours. You rock!

To my best friends, Ann, Jen and Kim - you three are the corners in my world. No matter where I go or which way I turn, you're in my corner. You keep me balanced, humble, inspired and hungry for more of what life has to offer me. You're my past, my present and my future.

To my friend Sherri - you found me funny and encouraged me to be funnier. You've been my idol for a long time and to become my friend is a blessing I never expected but am so grateful for.

To my siblings - you've challenged me to rise above my past and be better than what I've come from. Every dream I have is because you taught me to expect more from life.

To my fans - your admiration is appreciated. Your encouragement is a gift. Your laughter is priceless.

I don't know how I got here. I don't know where I'm going I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing. But I am a better person because I have you all in my life. Thank you.

(Thank you to Todd Barnes for the inspiration for this blog. You're totally designing my gown when I do get to walk the Red Carpet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment