Friday, August 13, 2010

Faith. Hope. Love

These last couple years have been tough for my husband and I financially. We've struggled many times over the last year trying to balance our needs and our wants (and when you've got a NKOTB addiction and have friends from one end of the continent to the other, this makes it tough).

There have been a lot of opportunities that I've been able to partake in over the last two years, but there've also been a lot of opportunities I've missed out on, too. I don't allow myself to get excited about birthday parties or the cruises because I know it's out of my means to go.  I've gone to a few shows this year, but I had to pass up a trip to New Jersey in March with my @TeamWahlberg sisters and a trip to New York in June. Each time, I've had to cancel, I've found myself more and more discouraged and depressed. There've been times when I've canceled even going out with the girls for a movie because I wasn't fit to be around people. It's been a sad descent into this hole.

Today, however, I'm happy to report that I am employed once again. It's not a glamorous job and it doesn't pay all that well, but it's more than I've been making and it will allow us to get some bills paid off (big stress relief right there). It will also allow me to plan on some vacations in the coming months and (provided I have good Wait List mojo) the NKOTB cruise in May 2011.

It's good to finally allow myself to HOPE again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment