Friday, August 6, 2010

August already?

As I sit here looking at the calendar (and pending school registration) I can't help wondering where the summer went. My summer plans were to get to the beach a few times, spend time in the woods taking more nature-related photographs, spend more time soaking in the sun, traveling and getting a little writing done.

So far I've gotten some writing done. Go figure.

The kids are here for the next two weeks and it's my intention to get to the beach at least once, spend some time walking the trails by the lake and taking a buttload of pictures of the kids (they're gonna haaaate that part). They're itching to come home (after two weeks at Dad's and a week with the grandparents) and I don't blame them. I remember going on vacation as a kid and about half-way through the week I was ready to come home. It didn't matter that I was swimming, fishing and hanging out with my summer friends at the lake. I just wanted to be at home.

I think that's where I am this summer. When I painted my office last winter, I had no idea how much I would come to love this space. It's comforting, inviting and soothing to my creative soul. This is where I want to be. But I can't spend forever here. And as I'm learning procrastination isn't as great as its cracked up to be. So next week, it's sunshine & sand for me.

What are YOU doing as summer winds to a close?

No comments:

Post a Comment