Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who the hell do I think I am?

My poor friend Kimmi has to be fed up with my texts and emails "You're never gonna believe what happened today..." She always believes what I tell her, of course, because that's what Kimmi does: she believes it's perfectly natural for me to have a conversation with a celebrity or a brush with a best-selling author. That's one of the many reasons I love her, of course.

But seriously, I'm just me and these situations, while incredibly awesome, are just not something I ever pictured happening to me. I'm just a housewife in Iowa with a big mouth and a snarky personality. I don't live in a big city. I don't attend events that would put me in contact with most of the people that I talk to on a regular basis, so I'm still back here in my little land of denial wondering how the hell I got to this point.

Then I have my besties to remind me that times, they are a-changing. Hmm. Still having a hard time wrapping my head around that concept.

But the question remains, "just who the hell do I think I am?"

Good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment