Saturday, June 12, 2010

A vessel

I got a message tonight from someone I've become friends with over the last few months. Ours is a peculiar relationship that started online over a conversation regarding maribou slippers and stereotypes. It's built from there and never ceases to amaze me the twists and turns its taken. I never take one moment for granted, though and I cherish her more than she'll ever know.

Tonight, she sent me a message telling me that she just received a phone call about landing a job she'd applied for a few weeks back. She hadn't been aware this job was even available but I'd mentioned it to her a couple months back that I knew they'd be looking for someone to fill the position. She put her ear to the ground and sure enough, she nailed it. I'd forgotten all about it until I got the message from her tonight because she hadn't mentioned anything more about it. I told her to call me right away because I was dying to hear all the details.

When I hung up the phone, I just sat here shaking my head smiling. Its rare that I'm put in a position to be a vessel for something amazing. And this? This is pretty damned amazing. I can't wait to see how it all pans out for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment