Monday, January 11, 2010

All roads lead to Oz

Whenever I'm on my Blackberry and don't have time to read someone's blog, I'll mark their post as a favorite and go back later to read it. I constantly do that with @altgeldshrugged (Jen Lancaster). For those of you unaware, she's my favorite author and quite possibly the funniest person I've never met. She's written several books memoir-style, which is probably the genre I can most closely identify with.

Anyway...the favorited one of her links the other day and went back to read it tonight: Move Over, Tucker Max. It's typical Lancaster humor in the beginning, but very UN-Lancaster-like, she gives actual writing advice.

The irony in her timing of this blog is unreal.

As I stated in my last blog, a completely neutral third-party came to me and asked me if I'd ever thought about writing. (Obviously I have or I wouldn't have thirteen blogs that I maintain on an almost-daily basis.). I have hashed it over with Kimmi and AM numerous times and they've always told me the same thing Sherri did, but like I told them "You have to support me - you're my friends." They both pitched equally obnoxious fits about that, but whatevs. I did have a long conversation with the hubby tonight about this whole book thing, though - how his family would react to my book, mostly. I've always been a VERY direct person. I say what's on my mind and I don't beat too much around the bush. I don't play games. They're not so much like that. They tend to be more diplomatic and politically correct, so I'm sure if I write a chapter about my views on how my relatives raise their kids, for instance, it's probably gonna piss somebody off. *I* don't care in regards to myself, but I do care how it would affect my husband. So therein is the challenge.

Anyway...long story short, I'm moving forward with this book thing and especially after reading Lancaster's blog, I'm gaining knowledge that just the other day I'd told Kimmi I didn't know how to get. Funny how things work out, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment