Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hand Jive - Part 2

Well...the bruise on my knee is almost gone. Still tingles a bit if I hit it on something, but I'm limping along nicely.

I was quite cynical in my last blog. I know that now.

It took a great deal for me to get to the point where I could look at my audition as a good thing. I choked on the vocals and well, let's face it, I'm not Ginger Rogers. I'm not even Mister Rogers. And I'm okay with that. I know that I have rhythm. I know that I can dance when not under such incredible pressure.

So...why is it a good thing if I didn't get the part (cast list was posted today, btw)?

I stepped out of a zone of comfort that I have NEVER done before. Who the hell AM I anymore? I mean, really? I thought I had myself this great little niche carved in the world - wife, mom...the whole suburbia thing. Then I decide to open my own photography business. Next, I decide to share in a public blog very personal things about myself, my life, my marriage and my family that most people wouldn't be so open about. Now this.

I guess I feel like I get one spin at this wheel of life - why hesitate? Why hold back? Why be such a raging chicken shit all the time? So I bombed ONE audition. There's more. I'll get my toe in the door, then I'll train some with a voice coach (man, I need you, Ann!!!) and maybe some acting classes. or maybe not. Who knows.

Bottom line - I'm busting open fences I never thought I would. And if I must say so myself...I'm pretty proud of myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment